Anything specific you after?

Saturday 17 March 2018

Gaslands

Received my copy of Gaslands today. So I had a brief read and I have to say it looks really good and I'm excited to play it. For those that don't know about Gaslands it's set on a post apocalyptic earth taken over by humans from Mars. Now the Gaslands is the favourite blood sport of all vehicle racing and battling with the a top prize of a life on Mars away from earth. 
You make your team of racers up from a selection of vehicles. The games templates are designed for Hot Wheels  scale type cars so lots of choice. In the book You can have buggies,  cars, sports cars, monster trucks  etc.  You arm them qoth weapons and upgrades and head out for the race and the battle of your life.
The rules are well paid out and seem simple enough. There are plenty of examples and illuatraions to help you out. They seem to have got the racing, sliding and crashing all into the game but obvously I won't know for real until I play.
The book it self is paperback quite tough covers standard Osprey quality really. Everything is laid out and clear. Can't wait to play this!!
Off to find me a hot wheels  collection instead of stealing my sons!


2 comments:

  1. Its quite fun and brutal. But we were playing our own game rather than one from the book. The rules are good just take a little getting used to with push it and once you pick up a movement template your stuck with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent. I'm used to the template thing as I've played x wing and armada

      Delete