Anything specific you after?

Wednesday 31 January 2018

Objective Markers

While having a sort out of my terrain bits box I found some 60mm round mdf bases that I had no use for and also some resin crates.  Coincidently the day before I had been reading the Dinoproof rule book as we have decided to play it at our next games night.  In the game you get crates scattered around the board. Now instead of tokens I decided to make some objective markers using the round bases and resin crates.  Hopefully they will be suitable for multiple game systems.  After checking how many crates against how many mdf bases I had  I ground I had a few bases left over so I raided my bits box for any other ideas that I could use as objective marker. I found another crate and some machinery bits I thought would make some kind of crashed vehicle with secret tech that both sides want. I also found some weapons that I could add.


Photo not the best.

The above photo is the first market I attempted I added the rifles to make it look a bit like an weapons stash (with my day fingers getting them like that was a nightmare ).


In the above photo is the next marker.  I found a cool little looking tech unit in my bits and had the idea that this could be some kind of secret power core data bank etc which I would surround with broken bits of machinery so it looked like it came from a destroyed mech or vehicle.


Here are the first 2 markers

Now you can see I've added some machinery bits to the marker and a PIAT and ammo to the other marker plus both based.


Last 2 markers

These markers are more simple and are mainly just crates. I did add some rockets to create another ammo stash feel to the one marker.  Again all based as well.


The above photos are the finished article.  I quite like them!  Have a good one people!


2 comments:

  1. They turned out great mate! Nicely staged with the item placements as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers man. Yeah quite chuffed with how they came out and that I didn't overload them with 'stuff'

      Delete