Anything specific you after?

Tuesday 2 January 2018

Christmas loot

Happy New year guys! Hope you all had a good Christmas and new year. Mine was chaos, I was working night shifts and I have 2 boys (2 and 4) so now my house is full of toys!
I was actually struggling to decide on any miniatures to ask for as Christmas gifts. I picked a couple of things and a board game off the family.
The family bought me Zpocalsype.


The game looks great fun (if a bit brutal!  But zombie slaying is no picnic), it's all about your team of survivors scavenging, fortifying their base and fighting off hordes of zombies at night. All the copponents feel great quality, the board's for tracking your squad have little wheeled dials to keep track of various stats which is really cool and one I haven't seen before. Can't wait to give it a go!
On the miniature front I got an NW Europe SAS squad from warlord miniatures.  Wanted these for ages to supplement my Bolt action British army. After listening a lot to the Down Order podcast I decided to try and loosely base my force on an actual ww2 unit  after some research looking for where the british regular army worked with the SAS and I located several instances. I chose Operation Clipper, this was a battle in Germany where the Worcestershire regiment as part of the 43rd Wessex brigade was tasked with taking several villages. There are reports that the SAS helped with anti sniper operations.


SAS jeep during operation Clipper

There is sufficiently very little SAS info which allows me to use a bit of creative license when adding SAS  to my force. I also got from the WestWind productions Secrets of the Third Reich a British anti mech rifle team  I liked the miniatures and wanted to use these in my konflict 47 force as an anti tank  (and mech and  nazi horror) rifle.  These have all been made up and based.


SAS squad
Anti tank rifle team

Now to crack on painting everything I have accumulated in the last few months.
On an slightly unrelated note.  I have recently got into podcasts.  Particularly Rift Tech Radio for Konflict 47 and Down Order for regular bolt action  really good and Infornative plus a entertaining. Check them out with a podcast app (I use podcast addict) or somewhere in iTunes I believe.
Have a great day folks!


3 comments:

  1. A decent amount of loot mate. Z Pocalypse game looks great enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers man. Zpocalyspe seems crazy with plenty of zombie slaying

      Delete