Anything specific you after?

Thursday 7 December 2017

New Toys ☺

Did a big sell on eBay last month so got to order more konflict 47 reinforcements and they've arrived!! Also had a belated birthday present so ordered and got another bren carrier (one of the nicest models to fit together).


This came at a great time as I was getting the modelling itch but had no models to make.  Its a lovely lot and most bits slide and click into place then with a dab of glue they stick. I love the bren carrier gives you a nice little run around with 2 lmgs  (if passengers are on board). Also on this kit you got a stat card,  which is great! ! No more scouring the rulebook or flicking through the easy army list.  Plus smoke and on fire markers,  this is a lovely touch and a nice addition (another reason Warlord continues to impress).


Stat card and smoke markers

Next arrived a nice box from Rkstudiostore containing my konflict 47 force. I had ordered a Mudskipper walker (in the main rulebook this was U.S. only but in the new book Resurgance they U.S. have allowed the British access to this walker for their airborne forces.  This walker can jump,  had 2 HMGs and 2 light automatic cannons. I'm thinking this might be a potent totenkorps killer... well re killer. The walker is quite easy to build and looks impressive. A squad of British heavy infantry were also in box. Equipped with Galahad armour and LMGs.  These boys can put out a nice chunk of dice when shooting and have tough and resilient I believe so hard to kill by small arms fire. Also these are lovely models, solid and plenty of detail.  Up next is the British only exclusive the Automatons. These robots developed by Alan Turing (in the fictional konflict 47 world) have a rudimentary AI and carry mmgs onto the battle field. These are notoriously hard to put together so they are not built yet as want an evening to attempt just them.  Lastly I felt my konflict 47 needed a new leader with a bit of weird war flair to him. For this I found Major Turntadust (though I'll be running hin as a lieutenant) from warlord. With his cross and Tommy gun he is ready for anything.


Galahad Infantry
Mudskipper Walker
Major Turntadust I believe he is called my platoon HQ now

I'll get some photos of the automatons up when I'm brave enough to attempt them  (and when I'm not working)

Have a great day


2 comments: